KiXX Fall at Home to Rockford

Defender Pat Morris led the KiXX offense with two goals (Photo by Contrast Photgraphy).

Big Second Half Run by Rampage Leads to 22-12 Road Decision

Philadelphia (Saturday, January 23, 2010) – The Rockford Rampage (6-4) ended a two-game Philadelphia KiXX (3-6) winning streak tonight at the Liacouras Center, riding a 15-2 second half run to an eventual 22-12 win. The loss for the KiXX was just the first in four contests against the Rampage on the season, who now move into sole possession of first place in the Major Indoor Soccer League.

The KiXX wasted little time in getting the offense started in this contest, jumping out to an early 4-0 lead. Defender Ryan Heins scored his fourth goal of the season 17 seconds into the game with Philadelphia points leader Aduato Neto recording the assist, and forward Anthony Maher scored an Angel Rivillo feed at the 4:37 mark to make it 4-0 in favor of the home team. Rockford then got on the board at 10:05 on an Andre Berenzon to Samuel Ogunsaya two-point notch, and the 4-2 tally stood as the opening frame came to a close.

3:20 into the second stanza, Rampage defender Erik Lukim set up midfielder Geison Moura to equalize for Rockford, but a Ricardinho to Pat Morris restart goal at 5:38 put the KiXX back on top, 6-4. After Rockford midfielder Semir Mesanovic gave his team its first advantage on the evening with a three-point score at 7:55, Morris quickly responded with another restart knock just 11 seconds later to regain the lead for Philadelphia, 8-7. The KiXX eventually headed into the locker rooms with a 10-7 lead after a Neto to Sandre Naumoski goal at 12:36 hung the final points of the half.

Possession was the name of the game at the beginning of the third quarter until Moura scored his second notch of the night at 5:21, bringing the Rampage within a point, 10-9. Defenses then prevailed until the end of the period when both sides exchanged knocks. First, Rockford midfielder Matthew Stewart scored to make it 11-10 in favor of the visitors at 12:56, but a nice setup by Neto at 13:33 led to a quick Joe DiBuono tally. The last goal of the stanza came off the foot of Rampage defender Marco Sullo with 28 seconds remaining in the quarter, and Rockford took a 13-12 advantage into the final 15 minutes of regulation.

A Moura to Ibrahim Kante power play notch 3:36 into the fourth period made the count 15-12 in favor of the Rampage, and Rockford then stayed on the attack to end the game on a 15-2 run and pulled away to the eventual 22-12 victory. The match did remain tight until the final minutes when the Rampage took advantage of a few open net opportunities when the KiXX pulled goalkeeper Sanaldo in favor of Ricardinho as the sixth attacker.

The next game action for the KiXX is back at Liacouras Center on Saturday, February 6th, when they have a 7:05 p.m. meeting with the Milwaukee Wave (6-5). Tickets for that match are available now by logging onto or calling 1-888-888-KiXX.

Search Archive »

Browse by Year »